Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our Easter Day

Another of the 101 Lies will be here on the blog early tomorrow morning. I decided to "take the day off" on Easter and not post one.

After a sunrise service on St Pete Beach this morning, I went with Melanie and Cheryl (GW Admn Manager) to Busch Gardens this afternoon, where we saw Herman's Hermits in concert. Peter Noone (Herman) was my absolute favorite singer early in my teen years. He is only a few years older than me, but he and his group were among those at the top of "the British invasion" back then.

This was the second year we have heard them at Busch Gardens. The video clip below is a five minute segment of their performance today. If you're in my age group and liked them, I think you'll enjoy it. Peter is full of enthusiasm when he performs and has a great sense of humor.He comes across as an all-around nice guy. It makes me feel very childlike and nostalgic to hear him. I've often said that music is the closest thing to a time machine we will ever experience in life. Today, I went back to the 60s and enjoyed the feelings of being a child again.

3 comments:

  1. Steve,
    I've heard you talk about your love for Herman's Hermits before. My favorite group came a little while later: Three Dog Night. Your theme music for "101 Lies" is of course their song, "Liar."
    Did Peter Noone ever read your book? I think you gave him one, if I recall.
    Fun video.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if Peter read my book or not. I did give it to him last year.

    I like Three Dog Night too. We actually heard them at Busch Gardens last year too. Every year, Busch has their "Real Music" series of concerts that includes Big Bands from the forties and fifties and then rock n' roll groups from the sixties. We've enjoyed hearing a number of them since we moved to Florida three years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked the Herman Hermits (still do). But it were the Beatles that got me turned on to rock and roll. Also just loved Jan and Dean. Agnes

    ReplyDelete