Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

101 Lies Taught In Church Every Sunday - Lie #69 We Should Work For God



Okay, I'm busted. Did you see the video blog earlier this morning? I put up Lie 69 very early today . . . unedited. So there I was, about a minute into it, when I stopped and said, "This isn't making any sense. I've gotta do it again." So I started over, only to stop again and have to try a third time to get it right.

My good friend, Ken Blose, a former TV producer (who produced the Grace Walk Experience videos) sent me an email telling me that my "bloopers" edition was online and needed to be pulled down. My heart stopped. Sure enough, there is was. I checked to see how many people had watched it... 53 of you. You know who you are :) I immediately pulled it off and reproduced the one you see above.

My apologies for the previous blunder, though I suspect that, if you're honest, all 53 of you found some sort of fiendish pleasure in seeing me make an idiot of myself. :) I guess it could have been worse. At least I didn't cuss when I messed up :) Now the secret's out - I'm not perfect. Yeah, right. My mother was the only one to ever believe that and, now that she's in heaven, even she knows better!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I've done a similar thing before as a radio dj. When we began running everything on computers in the late 90's, our air shifts were prerecorded. Our speaking parts were inserted automatically between tunes. I remember one time specifically when I was listening to my recorded shift, and I did a blooper like this. I was very embarrassed! I said to myself, "I forgot to edit that out!" What's even worse are the times I would talk myself into a corner on live radio. There's no starting over in those cases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of the 53 people who watched it. I was rather surprised and I wondered why you didn't edit it first. My next thought was that it was refreshing that you had chosen to be honest and not do a cover up.

    So, you're still okay as far as I'm concerned.

    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    I was one of the 53 who watched the "blooper" one, and I just laughed a little . . . Even if you had cussed, we would've shown you grace . . .

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a tee shirt made... I Was One Of The 53 ;)

    QUOTE: "I suspect that, if you're honest, all 53 of you found some sort of fiendish pleasure in seeing me make an idiot of myself. :)"

    Firstly, the word idiot didn't enter my mind. Secondly, I think fiendish pleasure is a little strong, but I admit, I did laugh. I could write a book on blunders I've made. Usually, after the embarrassment wears off, they make funny stories...
    Have a blunder free day ...

    MIke T
    In Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only question is that doesnt the bible say that we are slaves of Christ?

    The apostles called themselves SLAVES of JESUS CHRIST. Romans 1:1 "From Paul, a bond SLAVE of JESUS CHRIST (the Messiah)..." 2 Peter 1:1"...a SLAVE and apostle of JESUS CHRIST...". James 1:1 "...a SLAVE of God and of the Lord JESUS CHRIST...". The words in those is usually translated "servant" but actually translates to bondslave.Now, that does not mean Christ harshly domineers over us like the Masters of this world, but nevertheless he still is our Master, yet we follow him in willingness and love because of his great love and kindess towards us.its a willing submission to be a slave of Jesus, that he might live through you,

    ReplyDelete