Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to my wife, Melanie

Anybody who has ever heard me speak knows the story. I was 16. She was 15. I'd never even been on a date, but knew this was it. And it was. Married at 19 and 18. Almost 37 years, four adult children and three grandchildren later, I still know she was the best gift God has ever given me in this world. Almost forty years of loving her and it only gets better with the passing of time. I'd always looked forward to growing older with her and my hopes have exceeded anything I would have imagined. Happy Birthday, my love. You really are a precious treasure and I want the world to know it.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Melanie
    Bente and Oddmund, Sotra, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:13 AM

    Beautiful story you share (and beautiful wife!)...this had me choking back tears....very touching. : )

    ReplyDelete