Search This Blog

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Second Day of Radical Sonship Conference

It's almost midnight here in London and we are ending what was a great day. The conference began this morning at ten and Paul and I each taught two sessions. Paul is an excellent communicator of God's grace and I enjoy speaking together with him every time we get the chance.

Tonight we were aboard the HMS President, an English warship commissioned by the Royal Navy in 1918 and used in World War I. Today it is moored on the River Thames and is used as a venue for meetings. We were aboard for a concert by Dave Bilbrough. I've commended Dave's ministry many times and have always enjoyed serving together with him, but tonight was absolutely an over-the-top experience.

Dave called the evening "Tales of A Troubadour." He weaved his own life story into the mix of songs he sang, many which he wrote and recorded. Some experiences defy description and this was one of them for me. The best word I could use do describe it is "transcendent." I shed more tears of joy and was more deeply touched tonight by Dave's ministry than I have experienced in a long, long time.

Dave will be in Atlanta in October to lead worship during our Grace Walk Leadership Summit and also in our "Living In Heaven's Embrace Conference" during the evenings of the same week. Go to www.gracewalk.org and click the links on the left side of the home page to register for the evening sessions. If you are a Grace Walk Group Leader, you may also register for the morning sessions. Trust me, you don't want to miss this.

Tomorrow morning is the last day of the conference. It has been a great experience to be here sharing our Father's love and grace with such a receptive crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment