Search This Blog

Monday, March 09, 2009

My Dormant Talent - Yeah Right....

Susan Moss Carder - "Fern" was one of my closest friends in college. When I got married, Melanie loved Fern too. We have many wonderful memories with her. She was the first person our now 34 year old son every reached out to touch. In my first pastorate, when I was 19 years old, Fern was my church pianist. We used to play this "little ditty" on the piano back then.

Recently, thanks to FaceBook, we reunited with Fern. We spent the day with her yesterday and, for the first time in 35 years, Fern and I sat down at the piano together again. This is the result. We probably won't take the show on the road, but it was fun. There is no greater gift in life than old friends, don't you agree?

3 comments:

  1. If I had known it was gonna be on the internet, I would have looked better and practiced more. No, just kidding. Steve, it IS a wonderful gift to have ya'll back in my life, not just in my heart and memories.
    Fern

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had known that this would be on the internet, I would have looked better and practiced more. No, just kidding. Steve, it IS a wonderful blessing to have ya'll back in my life, not just in my heart and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Very impressive...nothing dormant about that !

    ReplyDelete