Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Report from Niagara Falls

This morning we had our first session for the Grace Walk Leadership Summit. I'm speaking in the morning sessions on the subjects of healthy cooperation, having commitment and handling criticism. These teachings are for our Leadership Team. It is encouraging to have some of the Grace Walk Group leaders here with us in addition to our leaders from five other countries.

The evening sessions are on the topic, "The Growing Grace Revolution." I spoke tonight on "The Cultural Evidence of the Revolution." Tomorrow night I'll speak on "The Biblical Evidence of the Revolution" and then "The Practical Evidence of the Revolution" on the last night. I was probably more bold tonight about the movement of God to free people from the dead legalism of the religious church world than I've ever been. It makes me nervous sometimes to say the things I sincerely believe the Lord is moving me to say. Like anybody else, I don't like to be criticized and I know that some things I say are likely to excite the critics and incite the criticism. I pray that God will give me the boldness to do and say what I sense Him moving in me to do. Revolutions aren't won by cowards and, contrary to the way people sometimes perceive me, I'm not excited about charging forward into a battle where I know I'll be shot at by opponents of God's grace. By His grace (empowerment), I'll just do it. I do hope you and others will join me.

One special treat this week is having Dave Bilbrough from London, England to lead us in worship. Dave's music and message resonates with me deeper than anybody I know. He is an extremely gifted man with humility, a sense of humor and an ability to lead worship that is rare. I never hear him that tears don't flow as I bask in my Father's love through Dave's music.

I'll post some videos as soon as possible. I don't have any tonight. It's late and I wanted to post this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment