Search This Blog

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Ups And Downs of Life

The past few weeks have been intense for Melanie and me. I arrived home from Australia to almost immediately receive the news of an accident my aunt had, which has put her in Intensive Care in Savannah, GA for almost three weeks.(See 9/27 blog entry.) So we immediately went there, where we spent much of our time at the hospital. She is stable now, but is still in the ICU.

I was scheduled to be with my friend, Mark Maulding, at Grace Life International in Charlotte last weekend to speak at a banquet he was having, but it was necessary for me to cancel the trip there. Mark was one of the first friends I made after coming to understand who I am in Christ. I was starving to be with other people who knew the same thing I had come to know and he was a real encouragement to me as we had many lunches together while I was still sorting out how "this grace thing" applied to so many areas of my legalistic background and theology. God is using him and GLI to make a profound difference in many people's lives.

This coming week we will be in Niagara Falls in Ontario where we will have our Grace Walk Leadership Summit on Tuesday through Thursday mornings and have "The Growing Grace Revolution Conference" in the evenings. I'll be there all week. We will have people there from the U.S., Canada, El Salvador, Mexico, Argentina and England. Our Grace Walk Group Leaders have been invited to the morning sessions and I look forward to meeting them there, along with the team of leaders we have from the various countries. The morning sessions are only for our GW leadership, but the evening sessions are open to everybody.

The week will be a time of encouraging each other, allowing the Lord to increase our vision and strengthen the personal and ministry relationships we all share. I continue to be amazed by the way the Lord is spreading the message of the grace walk around he world. Thank God, the message has now reached every continent. I'm amazed.

If there is any way we can have an Internet connection in the location where we'll meet for the evening sessions, I'm going to try to broadcast the sessions over our ustream Internet station. Check it out at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/grace-walk-with-steve-mcvey. I'll post more here on the blog about that, if it's possible to broadcast live.

No comments:

Post a Comment