Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sailing In Agape - Day One

FROM FORT LAUDERDALE TO KEY BISCAYNE

I'm aboard the boat Agape right now in Key Biscayne, FL. I haven't recorded the last two of the "Top 10 Things God Will Never Say To You." I'd done the others before I left home.

As I thought about recording them, I had the idea to do something else instead. I absolutely will record and post the other two of the Top 10 list after I'm back home. I'll list the eight I've already done, then post the other two.

But, for now, I've decided to use our sailing trip as a vehicle for making a few applications about the grace walk. My plan is to post these videos every day while we're sailing. I'm using an air card to access the Internet from aboard the boat, and have already seen that the signal strength varies from place to place. So, if you should check one day and there's no blog, you'll know it's because I couldn't get a strong enough signal to upload a video that day.

Anyway, here's the video from our first day. I'll put the "Talking Points" beneath it." So read those after you've watched.



TALKING POINTS

1. Living on land can be a metaphor for living in legalism because, there, we function under our own power when we walk around. We are in control of how we navigate from one place to the next.

2. Being aboard the boat is like moving in grace because we must cooperate with the wind and water. It doesn't do what we want. Instead, we must adjust our course to it. Jesus said that the wind blows wherever it wills.

3. The wind is a type of the Holy Spirit.

4. The water is a type of God's Word.

5. As we walk in grace, we are empowered by the Wind of the Spirit of Christ within us and move forward in the Water of the Word, which is Jesus too. Remember that John said in the beginning was the Word and the Word was God and the Word was with God. (Jesus)


Note: the content on this blog series is copyrighted, not so that you can't use it, but so that the ideas I post here can't be used in a book without my permission. For several years, I've planned to write a book about sailing as a metaphor for grace. I still plan to do that one day and for that reason want to reserve the rights to the material so that somebody else can't take my ideas and run with them in a book. You can use this for your own personal ministry to others. Just don't write a book about it :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Steve !

    Yes - poweful metaphors, and the 'Sailing in Grace' book sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your videos. They make me feel so happy and special because I hear through them, God's voice, assuring me of how very much He loves me. As I watched today's, I realised that I had a dream about being on a boat early this morning. It couldn't get down to the water because of obstacles(it was plowing along the earth). I was sitting at the very tip of the front of the boat - called..? Then I just knew that people on the ground, were helping out to make a way for the boat to get to the water. Also at the end, the boat could fly. Groovy. Enjoy the sail and bless you. Wendy, United Kingdom x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "They make me feel so happy and special because I hear through them, God's voice, assuring me",,,,

    Told ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brother Steve, Thank You for allowing the Holy Spirit to
    reveal the message through You
    and passing it along to anyone
    who wants to listen to the truth.
    I liked "The Shack"book too. It pointed out my dogmatic views quickly. It reminded of when the Holy Spirit was teaching me about the Gospel and the dogmatic views I had then. I have one dogmatic view left and that is IE: Christ Jesus is the only answer.
    Grace to You. Love Leo and Delores Pike PS: You stayed at our home
    nearly 13 years ago, round about the time your son had fallen off the scaffolding at his job site, boy how time flies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Leo and Delores. I remember you very well. I stayed in your home even before I even started Grace Walk Ministries. It's so good to hear from you. I hope you're both doing well. Thank you for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete