Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

Your Father's Heart


From the book of Isaiah...

My dear child, I always long to be gracious to you, waiting to show you my compassion. (30:18) You are My servant and I have chosen you, not rejected you. Never be afraid because I am always with you. Don’t be anxious about things going on around you, because I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. (41:9-10)

I am the One who has named you and you are Mine. (43:1) You are precious in My sight. You are honored and I love you. (43:4) Don’t dwell on things that have already happened or ponder things in the past. I will do something new. Do you want to see it? I will make a way when there is no way. (43:18-19) I will go before you and make the rough places smooth. I will shatter the barriers that block your way and will give you treasures, wealth from secret places so that you will know that it is I, the Lord God of Israel who calls you by name. (45:2-3)

Listen to Me. You have been carried by Me since the day you were born, from the womb. That will never change. I will still be the same, carrying you all the way to your old age. When your hair has all turned gray, I will still be carrying you. I always have and I always will. I will forever hear you and continuously deliver you. (46:3-4)

I am God and there is nobody else like Me. I determine everything – from the beginning to the end, even things which haven’t happened yet. My purposes will be established. Every one of them will be accomplished for My own good pleasure. Everything I say, I will do. I planned it and it you can be assured that it will happen.(46:9-11)

I have sworn to you that I will never be angry with you again. (54:9) My lovingkindness will never be removed from you. My covenant with you will never be shaken. I will always have compassion on you. (54:9-10) You will be called “My Delight” because I do delight in you. I will forever rejoice over you. (62:40-5)

Always,
Your loving Father

(I posted this video a couple of year ago but thought it was worth putting up again.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Steve! Thank you for transcribing the words to "Your Father's Heart taken from the book of Isaiah"! I was going to try copying the words myself as i listened to it which would have taken me forever to do. I'm very thankful for this. Bless you. I also like the Your Father's heart taken from the book of Psalms. There are times when i'm not at my computer. i want to read the Bible to know how much God loves me but don't know where to begin reading. So these words are all put together from the whole book of Isaiah and i can read it in just a short awhile and also am learning to meditate on what God is saying to me. (learning to do so from your book "Godward Gaze") Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like these scriptures you have formed into a letter from the Father's heart. When i read it i get encouraged from the Lord.
    However, i noticed that part of the words of this "Your Father's heart taken from the book of Isaiah" is missing. So i took the liberty to transcribe what is missing. It starts right after the 2nd paragraph. And one word i couldn't get the correct spelling and that was the word "scrutible" I probably did not quote you right on that one word. Will you change that if i have the wrong word? God bless you, Steve. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace - the word is "inscrutable." I'm glad you enjoyed the videos.

    ReplyDelete