Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Arrived in Oslo

For the past few days I've been out of touch with the Internet. We were in Cape Town, where I spoke to a Pastor's Conference on Thursday morning. The group was very receptive to the message. In fact, several of the pastors came to me afterwards and expressed that they sensed the grace walk message is going to be transformational in their lives and ministries.

While in Cape Town, we drove down to Cape Point. It's a beautiful place. The weather forecast was for cold weather, but every day was beautiful. We saw it as a gift from God.

One interesting "story worth telling" is that when we stopped at the point and opened the door to the car, a wild baboon charged into the car, grabbed our bags and tore them open looking for food. I have a picture of him in the car that I'll post here on the blog when I can. Needless to say, it was startling! Nobody had to tell me to get out of the car! We saw about 30 baboon on the side of the road. They have lost their fear of people and are very aggressive. I'll post pictures and details about other things we did after I get back home. (For instance, Trans World Radio gave us the gift of a safari, where we saw elephants, rhinos, giraffes,wildebeasts, etc.)

We flew back to Johannesburg yesterday (Friday) morning and traveled all night, making a connection in London and arriving here in Oslo this afternoon about four.
I will speak at Oslo Christian Center tomorrow night, Monday and Tuesday. Then we head on to London on Wednesday.

There is much to share, but since I'm using a computer in the hotel business center, there isn't time due to others waiting to use the computer too. Please pray for our time here in Oslo. The church here is well grounded in grace, so I'm sure I will have a great time preaching here.

Thanks again for your prayers. I'll update on the blog as I have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment