Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ministry With Florida City & County Managers


It was a pleasure for me to be in Panama City Beach to speak on Wednesday evening to participants at the Florida City and County Managers Association. Randy Reid,the County Manager for Alachua County (Gainesville), invited me to be a part of this event. He and other Christian City and County Managers in Florida began this event as an opportunity for those who are interested to learn more about and be encouraged in understanding how faith is a viable aspect of public service.

I spoke about Nehemiah, who seemed to assume the role and responsibility of a City Manager, as he oversaw the rebuilding of the broken down walls around the city of Jerusalem. My topic was "Grace In The Marketplace." I specifically showed how understanding the divine purpose in our work and acting with dedicated passion in the workplace are expressions of grace in and through our lives.

It was a pleasure to speak to this group and to find such interest among them concerning how faith relates to their own work in the public arena.

I am in the process now of recording a three part series called "Grace In The Marketplace," which will be available in June. I am convinced that one of the most effective roles a Christian can have is to be light and salt in his work environment. How it encouraging it is to know that we have leaders in our cities and counties in Florida like those I met this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment