Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Aboard Agape

Since Monday, Melanie and I have been on our way south on the Intra Coastal Waterway aboard the 45 foot Catamaran, Agape with our friends Roger & Jan Dean. The wind has been so intense that we haven't been able to go out to sea so far, but we've had a good time motoring down the ICW with our friends.

Some may not know that Melanie and I took sailing classes ourselves some years ago and are certified to sail boats up to 50 feet in length. We've taken groups to the British Virgin Islands a few times, where Roger (our friend and captain on this trip) and Jan took a group on one boat and Melanie and I took a group on another. In the mornings, I taught about how sailing a boat is a great metaphor for the grace walk. (I still plan to write a book on that subject one day.) Anyway, I'd speak in the mornings; we would sail to another island in the afternoon, and then we'd play every evening. Not a bad way to do ministry :)

This week I'm posting short 2-3 sentences about our progress on this trip on my FaceBook page. If you've joined FaceBook (no cost to join), request me as a friend and then you can keep up with us on this trip. I have an air card that I use to access the Internet as I have the time.

Our goal is to reach West Palm Beach by Monday, where we are supposed to pick up our friends, Al and Carol Hanson and then the six of us will head onward toward the Florida Keys. This is the first time Melanie and I have taken a trip this long in almost 37 years of marriage and we are loving it!

Tonight, we are in Titusville, FL after a 12 hour journey today. Tomorrow we hope to make Fort Pierce, FL before dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment