Search This Blog

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ministry In Ohio

I am speaking this week in Proctorville, Ohio, just across the state line where I'm staying in Huntington, West Virginia. I am at the First Baptist Church with Pastor Jeff Black and his grace walking church. It is encouraging to see a pastor and church so committed to the message of grace.

I spoke this morning from Genesis 1-3 where the Bible shows how that, when God created man, the first thing He did was "He blessed them" and gave them everything they needed. It's exciting to see that our Loving God has always been a gracious God, even from the beginning of time.

Tonight I spoke from Jeremiah 31 where the Lord told of the day when He would make a new covenant with His people, "not like the old one." I showed how the Bible contrasts the New Covenant with the Old Covenant, which has been made obsolete (according to Hebrews 8).

I never tire of sharing the message of the grace walk. Again today, as is so often the case, several people came to me and shared how their lives were transformed when God revealed the truth of who they are to them as they read Grace Walk. I am constantly amazed by the relentless work of the Holy Spirit in causing people to read it at just the right time in their lives so that they are transformed.

As C.S. Lewis said in "The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe," Aslan (the Christ figure) is on the move! The grace revolution is underway and I'm excited to see that it is happening in Proctorville, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment