Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ministry In Green Lake, Wisconsin

I arrived today at The Heidel House, a resort center in Green Lake, Wisconsin where I am speaking at the North-Central Conservative Baptist Association Pastors & Wives Retreat. There are about a hundred pastors and wives here for the weekend.There are about about 1200 churches in their denomination.

Tonight I shared the story of my own journey to brokenness, making comparison with the three phases of Moses' life -- the majestic years, the miserable years, and the miraculous years. I challenged the pastors/wives to embrace brokenness in their lives and come to the place of absolute surrender of their lives and ministries to the Father. The group seemed very receptive to the message.

Tomorrow morning I will speak on our identity in Christ and then on Saturday on the topic of intimacy with the Father. I enjoy speaking to those in ministry. There is no group of Christians who are more sincere, yet often none who need the message more. This group seems like fertile ground. Pray that the Holy Spirit will move among us and give revelation and grace to those here.

No comments:

Post a Comment