Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Final Word About the 101 Lies Series

Thanks to each of you who have gone through this series with me over the past three and a half months. I appreciate the positive comments I've received, both from those of you who posted comments on the blog and those who have emailed me about this series.

When you saw me speaking here, it was all extemporaneous. I didn't have anything written down other than the actual list of lies, which I composed as I went along. So, now I'm having these videos transcribed and plan to organize the content and write a book from this material. I hope to finish it within the next three months, so stay tuned on my web site at gracewalk.org to see when the book will become available.

I do plan to do other ongoing video series. I've just finished writing a manuscript on How To Know And Do The Will of God, so I may tape some of the teaching from that within the next week or so. I also am thinking of doing a series on The Most Commonly Misunderstood Verses In The Bible, if I can determine which ones to use. I'd appreciate your input on that if you have ideas for which verses would be good ones to use in that series.

I will continue to write blogs almost every day, but probably won't have video blogs every day for about a month. I'm slammed with upcoming events over the next couple of weeks, then Melanie and I are going to take a much needed vacation. Keep checking back on this blog because I will regularly post articles and videos now and will resume doing videos practically every day sometime in May.

Thanks again for visiting this blog. The number of people who visit here quadrupled during the time I've done the 101 Lies series. I appreciate your encouragement. I'll keep you posted here of what's going on in my life, ministry and will add teachings like what you've seen in the past.

4 comments:

  1. Steve:
    I so appreciate your consistency in 'staying the course' with the 101 Lies... Looking forward to the next feature with anticipation...and to the book, I might add. I think the series would make a great group discussion 'device'.
    Good job.

    Mike T
    In Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I do plan to do other ongoing video series. I've just finished writing a manuscript on How To Know And Do The Will of God, so I may tape some of the teaching from that within the next week or so."......... with in the next week or so ???? why,,,,, why ,,,,, WHY THAT'S JUST CRAZY TALK !!!! ,,,, how am I suppose to start my day now for the next week or so ???

    All kidding aside, I looked forward to the 101 lies daily and can't wait for the " How to Know and Do the Will of God" series and "The Most Commonly Misunderstood Verses In The Bible" series..

    God's speed on up coming events and enjoy your much needed vacation.
    Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog has become such an inspiration for me. I come here every day, and between watching/reading your blogs, and looking up the scripture that you quote, on Biblegateway.com I just feel so enriched.

    I think I must be driving all of my friends nuts in my small group though, since every week they have to hear me say "Well, Steve McVey has this video blogs....you really gotta go to his website, and...."

    I am such a Grace Groupie, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for series. One of highlights was number 74, the lies of: You have a wicked heart; you can't trust it.

    I too have been perturbed by believers who say this----in light of the clear implication of Jesus giving us a new heart.

    I am blogging on the issues of grace as well (gracethatworks.com), and I embedded that video in my last comment----thank you for providing that.

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete