Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Lie #87 We Should Do Everything Jesus Said



The difference in the look of the video today is for two reasons. First, somebody emailed and pointed out that constantly watching the opening and closing to the video format I've been using is becoming less than a blessing in their lives at this point. It makes sense to me. I know some people are just now coming to the site and having to watch the title page intro every time they click a link can get old in a hurry.

Secondly, I've made a major leap in the computing world that causes it to make sense for me to switch the way I upload now. I finally became completely frustrated with Microsoft. I had to get a new laptop and the Gates Empire seems to be insisting that I go with the VISTA operating system, whether I want it or not. I had VISTA once, for 30 days and soon knew that it was demon possessed so I took it back and went back to the old tried-and-true Windows XP. But, alas, XP has apparently been excommunicated by the Microsoft powers-that-be. So I've switched over to a MAC. So far I love it. Using the iMovie software that came on it, I can produce and even upload my video to YouTube in one step. Thus the change in how I produce the video and how it looks.

I know this is more information that some of you want, but if you're considering a change in your operating system and hate VISTA like I do, MAC might be a great option for you. I should have done it a long time ago. After all, it only seems right that a Mc should own a MAC.

8 comments:

  1. Steve, I love the new look. I had gotten to the point that I would just fast forward through the intro so now not having to do that is great. Also, I like that the actual title of the video is now on the sidebar so, if I want to find a particular one, it's easy to do.

    Thanks for listening.

    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i've been watching all the videos i just have started each video at about the 20 sec mark, to bypass the starting part. Yes the starting part was good the first few times, but obviously there was no need to keep having to watch it.

    Regarding Windows - i'm still with XP - just didn't enjoy the way Vista operates.

    Back to the topic - great post Steve! It's all about context isn't it. Jesus said a lot of things that were meant to 'bury' man's hopes of achieving righteousness through the law, and he did this in his teachings by 'raising the bar' to show that it was impossible for man to achieve this...Preparing us all for Grace - Himself - ratified at his death - the arrival of the New Covenant!

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are so clear and true to life. It's as if I am sitting across the dinner table with you! I like the new set up. I have some friends that are technically inclined and they have advised me that once this laptop I am working on becomes extinct (maybe a year left), I should get a Mac. Does yours have one of those neat built in video cameras?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment :) Yes, my Mac does have the built in camera, but it's a feature I won't use much. I use a Cannon Powershot camera to do the videos. With the iMovie software on the Mac, I can record straight into the program, edit and upload it immediately to YouTube. This does take a lot of the work out of it. The Mac definitely requires a learning curve that I haven't had time to master yet, but so far I really like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the message! The "Rivers of living water" text never had a real meaning until GOD revealed the truth about Grace to me. Why didn't I see it before? It's right there in black in white, so clear, so apparent. But it takes the Holy Spirit to understand Grace and it surely takes the Holy Spirit to preach it. It doesn't take the Holy Spirit to understand Law, Do good get good, Do bad get bad!

    Bless the Lord. I praise Him for what He has done for us and I lift you and your family up often. Thank you

    Randy and Dee

    PS I Like the new look on the videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus continued to teach after His resurrection. Too often we forget that. Paul received "Revelations". This is how he received his gospel (Gal.1:12), the revelation of the church, the Body of Christ (Eph.3:3,6 and the liberating truths of our being "in Christ".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I don't really understand what this video was saying. When Jesus said to pluck out our eyes and cut off our hands, was he not just speaking in a way that showed the seriousness of sin? In other words, sin is so serious that whatever causes you to stumble in your life you must take drastic measures to remove.It doesn't mean he was literally telling people to pluck out their eyes.Jewish rabbis talked a lot of times in those ways.

    And with the point of the rich young ruler, again I don't see where that would correlate to that being a command for all Christians.Jesus knew the man was self-righteous.The young man thought he had kept the law, but Jesus exposed to him that he had not because his heart was not totally devoted to God and the way he exposed it was by telling him to sell all he had and give to the poor which he would not do showing he put his money before what God was telling him to do.That doesn't mean it was a command for all Christians.

    Im sorry, ive loved all the videos thus far but this one didnt really come in clear to me.

    ReplyDelete