Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

Report From Okinawa

Friday Night

I've taught all day and evening at the conference here in Okinawa. The participants were extremely receptive to the message. One pastor, who is the president of his denomination, gave a testimony tonight and said he is "a grace walk salesman" because he promotes the book and the message everywhere he speaks. He said he had given a copy of the book to many pastors in his denomination.

My friend and translator, Kenji Oyama, gave a powerful testimony in the service tonight about how God's grace has transformed his life and minsitry. Kenji's Dad is a very famous pastor here in Japan, known by Christians all over the country. Kenji described how the Lord brought him to brokenness after he tried so hard to live up to the standard he felt had been set by his Dad. It was a moving testimony. I hope to video his story while I'm here and post it on this blog later.

The following video is the conference participants singing one of my favorite hymns and then a young woman singing another hymn I listen to at home every single morning. She has recorded her own CD. You'll understand why as you hear her.



These are photos I took today:

No comments:

Post a Comment