Search This Blog

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ministry in Argentina


I am writing this blog from Buenos Aries, Argentina, where Gerardo Vasquez (Grace Walk Latin America Director) and I are speaking this weekend. Yesterday we met with Jose Colacilli, who leads Grace Walk Argentina and with Walter Sanchez, the newest member of the Grace Walk team in this country. Both of these men are passionate about impacting their country with the grace walk. They are fine men and I am so proud to work with them.

Last night, Gerardo and I preached at the Reencounter Baptist Church. Gerardo spoke first on the subject of our identity in Christ. He is one of the most gifted teachers of God´s grace in the world. It was in the year 2000 when I met him and began to disciple him in the message. We have walked together through the valleys and the mountaintops in his life during these years. I have seen him grow so much in his own life and have seen God give him an international ministry that has surpassed anything he ever imagined. I´m not at all surprised.

Gerardo´s wife, Gloria, is a godly woman who is completely excited about reaching the world with the gospel of grace. They have two children and live in Guadalajara, where our Grace Walk Mexico office is located.

After he spoke last night, I preached on the topic "Ministers of a New Covenant." The people were receptive to the message and it was a joy to share with them.

Buenos Aries is a beautiful city with more of a Eurpoean flair than a Latin American one. The architectural style here reminds me of the buildings in my favorite city, London, England. As you can see from the map, Argentina is getting down closer to the equator, so it is winter here right now. I am really enjoying the cold weather. We are going to walk around town this morning, then meet again with our Grace Walk workers this afternoon and speak tonight in another church.

Remember us in prayer while we are here. I will get back to the states on Monday and be in Alanta for the rest of the week before heading to Canada next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment