Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Preaching In Matsapha (Swaziland)

It was a real joy for me to meet Nelson Vilakati while I was in Swaziland. Nelson is the National Director for The Voice Of The Church (one part of Trans World Radio's ministry) and is the pastor of Christian Ministries Church in the community of Matsapha.

Shortly after I met Nelson, I told him that I didn't want to simply be told about the need of the area, but that I wanted to see for myself. (I am convinced that seeing with our own eyes will cause compassion to grow much more than simply hearing about problems.)

Nelson took me up on my request and I am thankful to him and praise God that he did. He took us to the chiefdom of Mafutseni, outside of Manzini. It was there that we met with the chief, his council and saw the orphans. I will give you more details about that visit within the next week. Nelson also took us to the home of one of his church members who is in the final stage of AIDS. Then I spoke in Nelson's church on Sunday morning. The congregation applauded and affirmed the message of grace the whole time.

These pictures were taken while I was speaking in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment