Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Oxford, England

Over the next few days, I'll be putting up some photos we took during the month. I thought you might enjoy seeing them. These were taken at Oxford.



Our friends, Paul and Haley, drove us to Oxford a couple of days before we left England. These are a few of the photos I took. I particularly enjoyed having lunch at "The Eagle And Child," the pub where C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien hung out together.

Be sure to note the dining hall at Christ's Church. If you've seen the Harry Potter movies, you'll recognize it. The pictures on the walls are those of former honor students, going all the way back to the 1200's. It's amazing. There's a picture of John Wesley hanging there. He and his brother, Charles, were both ordained at Christ's Church.

It was our first time to Oxford, but I hope not our last. It is a beautiful town.

No comments:

Post a Comment