Search This Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

From London, England

We arrived in London yesterday afternoon. It's good to see our dear friends, Paul and Haley Anderson-Walsh again. This morning Paul and I will be on a national radio program for an interview together. (I also was on the radio in South Africa and Swaziland while there.)

Last night, Paul and Haley sent Melanie and I to The Ritz for high tea. It was quite an experience for these two Americans whose only prior experience was sweet tea and moon pies to have a proper British high tea, complete with crumpets, finger sandwiches,and sweets that I can't even describe. :) I haven't seen anything like The Ritz in London since the last time we were here and received a private tour of The House of Parliament. It was an extremely nice thing for them to share with us. They said it was for our birthdays (mine is this weekend), but the experience reflects the kind of generosity they always show.

The "I Am My Beloved's Conference" is tomorrow and Saturday. I look forward to teaching with Paul. Over the past few years, we have become kindred spirits, sharing our personal journeys together to a degree that isn't casually entered. This will be the first time to teach together and I look forward to it.

If you're still praying for us, please pray that I'll feel better. I apparently caught a cold during the past few weeks. Though the common cold won't put you on your back, you know how it can take the "umph" out of you. Since I'm teaching this weekend, I hope to feel better. (At least my challenge isn't as great as the last time I was in London. I was admitted to the hospital here with kidney stones then!)

Our time in Norway was very good. I love the pastor and church there and am always blessed by being at Oslo Christian Center. Despite the fact that this trip has been physically tiring, I have found myself being spiritually rejuvenated at each step along the way.

Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment