Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Brief Word About Future Plans

I can hardly stand the anticipation I feel! Just writing these blogs and looking back at all my pictures has my heart churning and my imagination running wild again. Here's something for you to pray about with me.

I want to adopt a village of people in Swaziland. It's the village of Mafutseni, where we met with the chief and the orphans and others. I am praying and will be gathering information about what it would take to meet serious needs in this village of 1000+ families.

It's bizarre, I know. I'm not a rich man -- trust me, but I think I hear God's voice, calling me to call others to join me so that we can do the impossible together. Melanie hears the same voice, saying the same thing.

I do know some rich people. You know who you are. You'll be hearing from me :) And I know many, many people who aren't rich, but who could join together to give a future to some people who absolutely don't have one unless God intervenes. To quote the Minister of Health in Swaziland, with whom I met, "Our nation will become extinct unless God does a miracle."

None of us can help everybody, but we can help somebody! I'm going to do it. And I'm going to ask you to do it too. I'm going to be bold because lives are at stake.

Do you know how hollow words can sound when you're telling 350 children that they have a Father who loves them and then walk away and do nothing knowing that they don't even have food and shelter? I can't do it. I won't do it. I'm going to share and show God's love to some kids I've met who have no home. . . and to some Christians whose families have swollen to 12-15 people because they have taken in children whose parents have died from AIDS . . . and to people like the man I prayed with, who is dying from AIDS and who could be made comfortable as he dies -- for mere pennies.

I'll tell you more soon. Within the next week or so, I'm gathering information. When I have something concrete to share with you, I'll let you know more. Right now, just pray. Pray for them. Pray for yourself too. Ask God to open your heart of compassion.

Big plans are in the works. I want to share and to show grace to people who have no hope apart from caring Christians. It's not just about Africa either. There are some things going on in Brazil I will tell you about too. And these are just a start. I am not going to "grace talk." I'm going to grace walk. The bottom line is that "Grace Loves". It's that simple . . . more to come. Much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment