Search This Blog

Monday, February 01, 2010

Thanks To Calvary, I'm Not The Man I Used To Be

After posting that last horrific southern gospel song, I thought equal time for the opposing viewpoint was deserved! :) Seriously, I'm not wild about the whole Southern Gospel Music culture, but this one by Doug Oldham is a classic. When I was in my 20's I shed a river of tears of joy listening to him sing. All these years later, I still find myself moved by his tenderness and style. Here are a couple of great old songs about identity and freedom in Christ. It stirs up a nostalgic sentiment in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Steve,
    I really enjoyed that! Boy, there wasn't a dry eye in the place, was there? I noticed even my favorite singer, Russ Taff was wiping his eye ...

    I especially enjoyed the song, "The King Is Coming" at the end. We used to sing that in my younger days in the Salvation Army.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete