Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ministry In Oregon

Yesterday and today have been great days with the men of the Foursquare denomination here at Camp Tadmor in Lebanon, Oregon. As I write this blog, the temperature here is 56 degrees. It causes me to wish the fall would hurry up and arrive in the south! Sixteen guys were baptized today in the lake here at the camp. Talk about commitment! :)

The topic for the weekend is "Let Us Come Boldly To The Throne of Grace" and that's exactly what these men have done! I spoke yesterday evening on "Our Adoption As Sons." Today I spoke on "Our Acceptance As Saints" and tonight on "His Actions As Sovereign." These guys have been very open and excited about the message of our Father's love and grace. Tonight there were many tears as the Holy Spirit moved among us.

The worship time has been excellent. The guest worship leader for the weekend is Caleb Quaye,formerly a touring guitarist with Elton John as well as recording artist on the old sixties song, "Wild Thing." After reaching the pinnacle of success, Caleb learned that "there's really nothing at the top of Mt Everest but air." His testimony of how the love of the Father sought him out and captured him is thrilling. Check him out at
http://www.calebquaye.com/

It has been good to spend the weekend with my friend, Dr. Dallas Demmitt, from Phoenix. Dallas met me when we both made our connection in Denver yesterday. Dallas is a clinical psychologist who has been ruined by grace. He now says, "I can't help anybody. I can only point them to the one who can." He and his wife, Nancy, have written the best book on communication I've ever read. It's called "Can You Hear Me Now" and can be purchased here: http://gracewalkresources.com/item.asp?cID=0&PID=374

Tomorrow morning will be the last session. Dallas and I will spend the night tomorrow night in Portland, then fly out early on Monday. We'll meet John Lynch, author of True Faced for a short visit when I make my connection in Phoenix, then I'm heading to Atlanta.

It has been a great weekend with a group of men who are passionate about the grace of God. I've been blessed this weekend as much as anybody here. Thanks to those of you who have prayed for this weekend. Pray that tomorrow morning will be the climactic service and that men will be deeply touched by the Father's love as I speak on "The Agape of Our Savior."

1 comment:

  1. Steven, thank you so very much for not only coming and speaking to us but living a life that pleases God and allows you the opportunity to pour into a bunch of broken guys at a lake in Lebanon, Oregon. I really enjoyed the more intimate discussion after lunch on Saturday where a small group of us could sit casually with you and talk about our Father and His love and desire for our lives. I had the privilege of sitting with Dallas after the discussion and practicing open communication. You have a great friend there Steven. Thank you for sharing him with us. After a season of drought in my life dealing with many new things this summer I have finally has a bit of growth and some revealing of my identity in Christ Jesus. I can not thank you enough for your heart and the reflection of God's son. Bless you bother. I hope to see you in the future.

    -Carlos A.

    ReplyDelete