Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ministry In Mexico


I arrived home last night, having been in Mexico since Thursday. I was there with our national leaders for Grace Walk Mexico for a time of team-building and teaching how to disciple people one-on-one. I spent four days in the city of Cuernavaca and spoke in a church there on Sunday morning. Gerardo Vasquez (GW Latin American Director) and I returned to Mexico City on Sunday afternoon along with Omar Pena, our ministry leader for the state of Quintana Roo .

I have returned with what apparently is a bad case of "Montezuma's Revenge." I am always careful about washing my hands and what I eat and drink while there, but sometimes you just misstep and get nailed by it. It's a miserable feeling with symptoms you wouldn't want to hear about, so I'll spare you.

The photo was taken with Gerardo Soberanis (Grace Walk Mexico National Director) and Gerardo Vasquez. There was also a young man there who works with us named Armando. He has been discipled by Gerardo Soberanis, who was discipled by Gerardo Vasquez, who was discipled by me. So, there were four generations of us there - an encouraging realization. The young guys kid me about being their old grandfather, but I love it. It brings me real joy to see the grace walk message being transferred to the younger men who will continue to carry the message forward after I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment