Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ministry in Arizona


I just returned from Arizona, where I spoke at the Word of Grace Men's Retreat. The church is in Mesa and the retreat was held at the Bison Ranch Retreat Center in Overgaard, Arizona. It is a beautiful place situated about 7000 feet above sea level. The scenery there is awesome.

The topic for the weekend was "Transforming Grace" and that is certainly what we experienced. The whole weekend was enjoyable, but I particularly enjoyed Saturday night when I spoke on the love of our Father. As Jesus revealed Himself to us, I asked the men to share what the Lord was saying to them. One after another described what they were hearing and, of course, it was all words of love and freedom. Some expressed how Jesus was telling them they were free from anxiety, guilt, fears. One man wept aloud and said, "The Lord is telling me that I don't have to do drugs anymore!" The whole weekend was a powerful time with a fun group of guys.

The retreat ended on Sunday morning and I spoke at Grace Community Church in Phoenix on Sunday evening. The group there is fired up about their identity in Christ and walking in grace. It was a pleasure to "preach to the choir" since Pastor Dave Cornejo lays the foundation of grace there every week.

On Thursday of this week, I'm off to Mexico where I will be training the leaders of Grace Walk Mexico in living and sharing the message. I'll be in Cuernavaca, about 50 miles south of Mexico City. It's exciting to see so many people in so many places hungry to experience the grace walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment