Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Melanie


Yesterday was my wife, Melanie's, birthday. This picture was taken last week at our daughter's house. Our grandchildren really liked the fact that the cake had so many candles on it.

I met Melanie when she was a fifteen year old girl. If you have ever heard me speak, you probably know that she is the only girl I ever dated. We went out on our first date in 1970 when I took her to see "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever" (Barbara Streisand) and then to Pizza Villa. Three years later we married, when she was 18 and I was 19 years old.

When people meet Melanie for the first time, they often tell her that they feel like they already know her because I mention her so many times in my books and when I speak. I mention her often because I can't keep from it. Sharing her life with me for all these years has been the greatest grace-gift I could ever receive in this world. For all these years, Melanie has been my best friend and strongest spiritual advisor. She has seen me at my best and my worst and has never wavered in her commitment and love for me. I still feel thrilled to know she is my wife. She is a beautiful and wonderful woman in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment