Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Karen Carpenter and Perry Como


Here's a video that evokes strong feelings of nostalgia in me when I watch it. I suspect others in my age group might feel the same. I was completely hooked on The Carpenters when I was a teen and I never hear Perry Como that I don't think of Christmas as a child. (He always had a Christmas special on TV.) One of my earliest music memories is my mother singing his song, "Catch A Falling Star" to me as a very young child.

No profound spiritual truth here - just the early morning musings and nostalgic feelings of days gone by. Does this video affect you that way too?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so cool to find this blog! I watched the video's and want to thank you for spreading real good news!
    His grace is amazing!
    I'm overwhelmed by His Love for me! Wow! Amazing grace!

    This blog is added to my favourites. Keep on spreading the good news. I want to hear all of it.

    With much love,

    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great music Steve. I love Perry Como and the Carpenters as well. Such a wonderful soothing sound.

    ReplyDelete