Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ministry On Barbados


Melanie and I were on Barbados this week, where I spoke at Barbados Grace Fellowship. (The photo on the left was taken at our hotel.) It was the first time we have visited this beautiful island. The church is only a few years old and the people are excited about the message of grace. Their goal is to be a church that makes the truths our identity in Christ and walking in grace their foundation. The people of Barbados are friendly, warm people.

The congregation began with a few ladies who were excited about learning who they are in Christ. The group grew and finally officially established themselves as a congregation. They meet in a local school. This spoiled American was reminded of how much I value air conditioning since the building there didn't have it. If the old-timers from my childhood were right about sweating when you preach being a sign of "the anointing," it was Pentecost all over again for me.

I believe that this group of people will be a great witness of true grace on their island and may well be a gateway to impacting that part of the Caribbean with the message.

1 comment:

  1. Steve:
    What a picture. I want to live there. So glad you trip went well and I joy in knowing that freedom (really Jesus) is spreading ...

    ReplyDelete