Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Update on My Wife, Melanie and Her Broken Back

We saw the surgeon this afternoon and he confirmed that she has broken the L1 vertebrae. We were not happy to hear that it appears she also may have fractured her L3 vertebrae. She will go for a CT scan and an MRI either tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on how fast insurance approves it) and then will see the surgeon again asap after that. In the meantime, her orders are to stay down and don't do anything that might complicate matters worse.

Of course, we are disappointed in this but at the same time we know Who is in charge and we're trusting Him during this process. I remember once hearing Malcomb Smith say that he was in the hospital and somebody asked him, "What's this all about?" His answer was something to the effect of "This is Jesus living His life through Malcomb in the hospital." So that's our attitude - this is Jesus living His life through Melanie in this process. Although, I'll admit that if He had asked Steve for his vote, I would have cast my vote on the other side :)

Thanks again for the encouragement and prayers from so many of you. We knew when she was diagnosed a few years ago with a deteriorating spinal problem that our God is still in charge. So we're trusting Him and watching how He chooses to move us through this situation.

15 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for her and you too. Thanks for the update. I know from my own personal experience that sometimes our loved ones suffer more than we do in these situations. God's peace upon you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have witnessed many miracles since my relationship with Jesus began and am believing I will witness another one through Melanie. My daughter was healed of cancer at 18 and again a different strain when she was 30. My sister was healed of cancer twelve years ago. My new grand-daughter was diagnosed with Down's syndrome to which God responded with a healing touch and she is now a healthy, beautiful, 9 month old. I could go on and tell you about more but just wanted to send encouragement your way. G M Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is very little I can say that isn't already documented in God's Word. I'm sure you have visited that Word often and nothing I add to it will make a hill of beans regarding your present situation. Sometimes it's simply best to say Jesus loves Melanie and she will be fine. So that is my best contribution, my simple prayer for you and your bride. He loves you both dearly, His angels have charge over her, she will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep praying for her. Love you both
    Gerardo nad Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are both so deeply loved. Praying for Melanie's complete recovery and trusting Him for every need. Love what you shared about Jesus living through Melanie in this...I need to remember that with my own struggles and health issues. Lord, nothing is impossible with You...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share in your sufferings! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve know that the both of you are so in our prayers and embrace You are surrounded inside out! Grace is certainly God living his life thru us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Father is ready and willing for you to lean heavily against him, and he doesn't fall over.
    Praying that Jesus within you both will rise up and be his strong, gentle, confident self.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steve
    Thinking of Melanie, you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm riveted by what God is doing with and for you. What a story you are. Thank you for telling us, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lord manifest both the sufficiency and power of His grace in both of you as He leads you through this hour of trial. Praying for His triumphal outcome to be shown through it. May His peace be your rest, His love your embrace and His joy your strength. ~ JPS

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about Melanie and Her Broken Back. Please be assured of my prayers and God's best for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. praying for peace and trust through it all . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Ralph! Jesus' Life is being beautifully lived in the support and devotion you have for ea other as a couple, in Him.

    MANY BLESSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:47 AM

    how disappointing..... but be encouraged Steve. God healed me of a degenerative spinal disease several years ago. I was healed reading 'Christ The Healer' by FF Bosworth. It was simply meditating on His Word, His absolute Goodness..... I pray for His Word to be released within Melanie to perform that which it was created to do through the finished work at the Cross..... anything we need.....whenever we need it!

    ReplyDelete