Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ministry at America's Keswick

I am speaking this week at America's Keswick in Whiting, New Jersey. America's Keswick has been here for 110 years and is known for its focus on experiencing the victorious Christian life by relying on the indwelling Christ. It started in the Keswick area of England, then was established here over a century ago.

Hudson Taylor, F.B. Myer, Alan Redpath,and others revered speakers on the subject of grace have ministered at Keswick. One of my favorites who was a big part of the early days was Charles Trumbull, who wrote the little book Victory in Christ. I must have given away a hundred of those books when I began to understand my identity in Christ.

The theme for the week is "Think Victory." On Sunday night I spoke on the topic, "Victory Is A Gift, Not A Goal." Then Monday, my topic was "Victory Comes From Living In the New Covenant and Not The Old Covenant." Last night, I talked about "Accepting Grace and Rejecting Guilt" as I shared the message of total forgiveness.

In addtion to the conference ministry, American's Keswick also has an addiction recovery program called Colony of Mercy. I spoke to the men there early yesterday morning. I always enjoy speaking in that kind of environment because I know the guys have reached bottom and are ready to receive truth.

Last night, after the service, I met with a group of about ten ladies in their seventies and eighties. They have met together for several months, studing through Grace Walk. It was so encouraging to me to hear their stories of how their lives have been transformed by the message of who we are in Christ. One lady said she had been coming here to America's Keswick for sixty years and that my message is the one she heard taught here when she was a young girl.

The grandson of the founder of Keswick is here. He is 83 years old. I was told that he said what I'm teaching this week is "right on target" with the historical teachings of Keswick. That was an encouragement to me, since I've long respected the Keswick movement.

I leave here on Friday and will go to Atlanta, where we will visit with our children and grandchildren. We will all be together on Sunday. It's been quite a while since our whole family has been able to get together, so I'm looking forward to that.

On another note, I will soon be posting information about the plan for reaching into Swaziland. Things are coming together there.

No comments:

Post a Comment