Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Loopy Life


My grandsons spent the night with us last night so that Hannah, our granddaughter, could have her home to herself for a spend-the-night-party with a group of her girlfriends from school. Today is her tenth birthday.

I would have never dreamed grandchildren could be so much fun. To be able to enjoy all these privileges without the responsibilities of child rearing . . . life doesn't get better than this. Example: This morning, as Jonathan and Jeremy were eating their donuts for breakfast, Jonathan (7 years old) commented, "I want a snack after we finish breakfast." So after breakfast, he was given Pringles potato chips. Hey, ya only live once.

Last night as he and I were sitting in my recliner together, Jonathan was acting silly and I was laughing at him. Suddenly he turned and said to me, "I'm a loopy boy! Granddaddy, you should act loopy sometimes. Working all the time isn't fun, but it's fun to to loopy!"

I think he's right. In fact, that's what Melanie and I were doing as Batman and Catwoman in the picture above. This was taken a few weeks ago when we were with our grandchilden for . . .ugh... let's call it our "Family Fall Festival" for the sake of those who would be troubled to think I might have dressed up in a costume on the wrong day of the year. It was one loopy night, that's for sure. I hope to have many more of them with my grandchildren as the years pass. In fact, I hope to have many more as a general rule. Jonathan is right ... acting loopy sometimes is fun. I think that, in the long run, it can even make my work be more productive. Do you think Jesus ever "acted loopy" with His disciples? I like to think that He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment