Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Ministry in Atlanta

This past week has been a busy one. Last weekend I was in Atlanta, where I spoke on Friday to the members of the Association of Exchanged Life. It was enjoyable to be with these colleagues and friends in ministry. I spoke on the topics "Mighty Men on Mission" and "Guardians of Grace," both taken from the book of 1 Chronicles.

Then on Sunday I spoke at the Marietta Church of God to an excited and receptive congregation. Three of my children spent the night with me on Saturday night and went to church with me on Sunday. It was a fun time together with my kids. They are such an encouragement to me. I was also able to visit with my grandchildren, which of course is a highlight in life for any grandparent.

I'll be limping along, playing the role of a pathetic bachelor, this week. Melanie is with our youngest daughter, Amber, in the Bahamas right now. The company Amber works with sends their people on a trip once a year and they can take a friend. This year they were sent to Freeport and Amber asked Melanie to go with her. They are coming back today and Melanie will spend the week in Atlanta visiting with our children and grandchildren. She will come home on Friday. I say I'm playing the role of a "pathetic bachelor" because I don't do well without Melanie. Having been married since I was 19, I'll be the first to admit that my wife has totally spoiled me. For instance, she left dinners in tuperware bowls for me to heat up and eat this week. Otherwise, it would be fast food every day. Like I said, I'm pathetic without her. I know it.

I'll be working this week on a small group workbook I'm developing. Its format will be a lot like The Grace Walk Experience. The focus will be on intimacy with God. My working title is Journey Into Intimacy. I hope to finish it and make it available in the spring.

1 comment:

  1. I have got to believe that God lead me to your website this evening. I have been looking for a small group workbook and/or DVD study to did with a group of men from Church. Now, I think I have found what I have been looking for. The Spring timeframe is perfect. Praise the Lord for his guidance

    ReplyDelete