Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Report From Oslo, Norway


I have spoken for the past three days at Oslo Christian Center, the largest church in Norway. The theme for their meetings has been "Celebrating Our Freedom." I have spoken from the book of Galatians in each session about how we are free from performance based living, free from religion, free from struggling for victory, free from the control of public opinion and free to finish well.

The congregation and pastor have been extremely receptive to the message. I spoke here last year, but have enjoyed this trip even more. The people of Norway are loving and generous people. Oslo Christian Center is grounded in the message since their pastor has been teaching it for three or four years.

Since arriving, I learned that A Divine Invitation was released last week in the Norweigan language. That makes the third of my books published in this country. What an encouragement to see such a hunger for God's grace here!

This is a picture of me with Pastor Age' after the service. He is a gentle man with a deep passion to share God's grace in Scandanavia and across the world.

I'll share more with you via this blog as I am able. It could be after I come home before I am able to post more. In the meantime, thanks for your prayers! Beneath are a few pictures I have taken in Oslo since we came on Saturday.







I'll put up more photos in a slideshow format after we get back home.

1 comment:

  1. So that's what Norway looks like in color! I have only seen a few turn of the century, black and white photos of Oslo. Did you know my grandfather came over on a boat in the early 1900's from Norway? If you meet a Nilsen tell them Jessica says hello! I like your goatee by the way. Love, Jessica Robertson

    ReplyDelete